Caobang Geopark

http://caobanggeopark.com


PHAI KHAT POST

don phai khat
PHAI KHAT POST

Khai Phat Post is closely connected with the Khai Phat battle, which occured on December 25th 1944. This was the first battle of the Vietnam Propaganda and Liberation Army (VPLA, precursor of the Vietnam People's Army) and was directed by General Vo Nguyen Giap.

The post was built in 1940 in Khai Phat village, and at first it was the home of Mr. Nong Van Lac. Built of bricks, it has an area of 210m2. It is quite a spaceous house with four compartments and two wings, a yin-yang roof and a ceiling made of iron wood. The location of the post is of strategically important, because from here one can observe the whole Tam Kim area and also connect easily with the neigboring Nguyen Binh District. Thus, in early 1944, the house was occupied by the French to control the revolutionary movement in the local area and cut the revolutionary arterial road. Thank to the careful field survey, clearly understanding the site and schedule of the French army, although equipped only with rudimentary weapons the post was easily captured by the VPLA.

Although the victory at Khai Phat post was not significant, it gave confidence to the soldiers, and marked the maturing of the army for future battles.

Khai Phat Post was recognized as a National Monument on January 29, 1993 and is one of the monuments within Tran Hung Dao Forest Special National Monument.
You did not use the site, Click here to remain logged. Timeout: 60 second